Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas Pictures from Jan 7 Ukrainian Christmas!



We in Ukraine were going to celebrate American Christmas on Dec. 25th, but because I was called to the US on the 14th, my friends in Ukraine waited for me to celebrate with them when I got back! So on Sunday afternoon, I hung 35 stockings and did some of my own stuffing of American and Ukrainian candies and started preparing food shortly after morning Church services. At 4:30pm we met to first exchange 1 gift from each other (presents were bought for cost under $2 and names were drawn to see who would go first). Then we ate our Christmas supper. Following that we had our evening worship service at my house. Following that, each person drew 5 names and put 5 small gifts in 5 different stockings. Then we came into the living room and everybody found their stocking and opened them up! (We actually had 29 present for the party.) It was a wonderful evening with a lot of fun! I wish you could have been here to share it with us!

2 comments:

Ben Berry said...

if you had any more stockings i think you would run out of wall! that's a lot of people and a lot of your generous love. you rock! what was your evening worship like that night?

Sibling Insanity said...

Daddy, I love you! It truly amazes me how many lives you have touched by your love for our Lord. Keep up the good work!! Love, Nessa